Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!!!

My two little angles bringing in the true spirit of Christmas. This is my favorite part of Christmas, the magic and wonder in our children's faces. It's the best time of year.

It was so fun to decorate the Christmas tree this year. We were all loving every moment. We decorated to the sounds of christmas music and a crackling fire.

Starting out with the lights

Then we decided we needed to change into our jammies and then keep going with the lights!


The lights ended up here first!





Jade thought that ornament looked good enough to eat!

Micah just loved decorating the tree, he was in heaven!

And Jade loved it too, she wasn't the most effective decorator, since all her ornaments would end up on the floor, but she didn't mind one bit!

Snuggle Time!



Then we had some crazy dare devil play time with Daddy!



The kiddos love when Daddy spins them around until they can no longer walk...they were giggling the whole time.

Mommy's Little Man! I can't believe I get to be the mother of these incredible children. I am so deeply grateful every single day. I have everything I could ever hope for in life right now and I am so blessed.
Notice how he is kind of a sweaty monster from playing so hard? Love it!


Micah got stuck and was asking for help, but first I had to take a picture, I mean come on!

Jade's new favorite thing...tickling! She tries to tickle anyone that will let her!


During this Christmas Season Jade has discovered Hot Chocolate and she is enamored! I have never seen anyone drink hot chocolate like this little bug! There is absolutely no sipping involved...she gulps it down! So after she finished drinking Mitchy's...

She pointed at mine and in her adorable way she said..."I want dat!" And then she drank mine too!
I'd say she likes it...and of course Micah refuses to even try it! They are so so different!
CHEERS!


But he had no problem eating the cookies!

Micah made this Rudolph one pretty much by himself!

I made these cookies that are similar to sugar, but they are made with buttermilk and they just melt in your mouth! By tomorrow, I will have the recipe for you on my recipe blog! Seriously, my favorite cookies for the holiday! So delicious!

Loving the cozy Fire!
Christmas Story Time!

Mitchy read them a book about the true meaning of Christmas...the Birth of our Savior.



The next night we decorated a gingerbread house...thanks Tracy! Mitch and Micah had so much fun decorating and eating the candy!

I am not sure how this happened, but I think Mitch wanted to re-emphasize to Micah that Christmas was about Jesus...and so "Jesus" in M&M's did it!


Mitch approves!




They were so proud of their creation...it was very sweet!

We had a blast at the ward Christmas with Santa party!
Micah telling Santa that he has been a really good boy this year! We didn't even attempt to have Jade go up there, because she stood next to Santa on the Polar Express and I believe she is still traumatized!

3 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

Whew... this QUITE the post.

Mitch's dare devil ways would never work in this family. It makes my palms sweat just looking at the pictures.

I didn't even get to TRY those cookies! The ones left over from the party were gone by the next morning. Can't wait to get the recipe from your blog (and you know my LOVE for sugar cookies.)

Such a pretty tree... I'm very impressed.

lacyboo said...

Such a cute post! Kade loves the picture of Micah all wrapped up in the lights:)

Kjerstin said...

So darn cute! I almost bought those striped pj's for McKay...they're too cute! I love them all wrapped up in the lights!

Can you email me or text me your address? I need to send you a Christmas card....and I still have a thank you card from M's bday, from like 10 yrs ago...

kjerstinyates@hotmail.com

Thx!