Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Asher Holland Lundquist: 0-6 months

You know how some of those mom's do an update each month? They post all the photos and even make a special onesie that shows which month of life they are in...well, sorry Asher, you just get one giant post!!! (And no special onesie!) I wish I was one of those mom's but, that doesn't mean I don't obsess over you just as much if not more...I am busy loving you up every second of every day! No really, just ask daddy! He thinks I'm almost too crazy about you, if that's possible!!!


I don't know what it is about my number three. I don't know if it is specifically Asher, or if it is the fact that I have done this newborn thing a few times and I am not as "lost" or stressed about it. But whatever it is, it is good! This time around, there is no stress, just all joy! So much JOY! I didn't even know this much joy was possible! I am so incredibly grateful for my three adorable children and my near perfect husband...actually he is perfect, perfect for me, so there it is! I am grateful, they are my whole world and I am just soaking in all this light. And because this is my journal, I am just writing how I really feel about where I am at right now. I am feeling grateful!
Specifically about Asher from zero to six months, I just adore him and one thing about him is he has the overwhelming calm and peace about him. If you hold him there is almost like this "zen" quality about him- I know, Mitch is going to think I am so crazy and out there for saying zen- but here's the thing Mitch- it's true, so there! Plus, you already know I'm crazy and you love it! Anyway, it's like nothing I've ever felt before. So, that is Asher.
Hanging out with his daddy as a brand new baby. Love that face!


Asher had to use a nebulizer a few times as a young baby while he was sick. He did pretty good with it, sometimes he would fuss a bit, but mostly he would just fall asleep. That sweet boy!


He's looking at Mitch like "why are you doing this to me, just let me sleep!"


Taking a little nap with Papa in his office.


Love how small he looks as Mitch is holding him.


Just hanging out in the playroom upstairs as a family!


Loves from Micah


Love these little jammies, I can't believe how tiny he was! Love this newborn stage so much!



Some of his very first smiles! Jade always could get him to smile!




Loved his swing!

Jade really wanted me to take some photos of her with Asher, she is never more than a few feet away from him! Constantly talking in her "mommy baby voice"! She always says, "It's ok baby, I'm right here, I'm right here!" All day long! And she is always "right there"! I love this really sweet, mama side of Jade that has come out!
This is his first time ever in the Bumbo.
Silly Jade, even Jade looks so young in these photos!


Big brothers are the best, especially when they adore you like Micah adores Asher! So sweet.

Learning how to lift up that massive head- it's not easy.


He went through that adorable "baby blowing bubbles" phase! A personal favorite of mine!


Smiling for daddy!


Love this face, with his tiny hand up there!



He was always sticking his tongue out like this, love this tiny baby.


Still developing that neck strength! I can't believe how fast it goes by! He seems so big now looking through these older photos.

Love his little half smile


This is around the time that he started looking a little more like how he looks now, he started to lose that "newborn" look.

He is just barely big enough to sit in the bumbo. This was his second time and he loved it, I think I could tell that he felt very big!

Once again, looking at his daddy.


My boys

What is with Micah crossing his legs??? I think he didn't want to fall off the bathroom sink, but still, this just looks so funny to me!


Looking at his daddy! He is such a daddy's boy, he can't stop kicking his feet and squealing whenever Mitch comes home from work! And he's got his daddy's blue eyes and dimples!



Jade was worried about Asher falling, pretty sweet.
Just hanging out, loving each other! That's all.


A little snuggle time with his big brother and sister! They are both attached to Asher on each hip. This baby sure is loved!!!




This is Asher's life right here...he can hardly take a breath without someone (usually more than one) smothering him with kisses and loves! He's is used to it by now. This little one is going to have no concept of personal space!
Kind of love these amazing signature Micah man faces...I think he's got some Mitchy in him!

Love this little angel! He really is such an overwhelming joy in all our lives, we can't stand to be without him for one second! Micah and Jade are always begging me to please let them wake Asher up from his nap cuz they just want to play with him!




Love this smiler! He just can't seem to stop smiling these days! He lights up the room!






This is Asher's first time eating rice cereal. He seemed so excited and then as you scroll down you will see how he felt about it! He hates all baby food, refuses to eat it, if I give it to him he "sprays" it everywhere!!! (Now though, I put his vegetable and fruit baby food in steel cut oatmeal and he is in heaven- he just needed a little texture I guess. But he loves his oatmeal and anything else chunky- especially bananas! He calls all food "Num". He will just say "num, num, num" like he is asking a question! So adorable)


Micah desperately wanted to help! He got a kick out of all of Asher's faces.


This is how he sleeps now, it's pretty adorable! Actually, because he started sleeping like that and crawling we have officially moved him out of our room and into his crib! (At 8 months)

Well, there it is, summed up in about 75 photos or so!

No comments: