Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome to Wonderland

Me and a few friends of mine threw a Mad Hatter Tea Party for our little ones. We had so much fun and they were loving every moment of it! Above is Micah (The Mad Hatter) and his best friend and future love Ava (Alice).

Wendy was such a beautiful hostess and she is also a very talented baker. She makes wedding cakes and was sweet enough to teach me how to make a fun fondant cake. So basically I watched and she created this fun Mad Hatter cake!

Jade (The White Rabbit)


Our little white Rabbit was desperately trying to get a little sip.


Shea was our Queen of Hearts!



Ava was in HEAVEN the whole tea party as you can imagine!


I was loving it too!

The Gorgeous Hostess, Wendy.

One of my very best friends Ashley and the Queen of Hearts swinging away the afternoon.

Taylor, was a TULIP from Alice's Live Flower Patch!


Melis, who came up with the idea for the Alice inspired tea party.

Wendy, who came up with such a creative and fun idea for edible tea cups.


The kids took turns pouring the "tea" (Apple juice) for the others and they loved when it was their turn.


Caden and his mama!


Jade must have had like thirty cups of "tea"!


R2- Love those big eyes!




Wendy has a great house for a party but my absolute favorite part was the adorable swing hanging from the old tree in the front yard! When I get a house I hope there is an old beautiful tree that I can hang a swing from. Swinging, like I have said in previous posts is one of my favorite things in the world to do! I just feel so free, almost like I am flying and so it was really fun to spend a little time alone the night before (before and after making the cake) swinging out there under the stars at midnight! Love!

The kiddos loved it too of course!

Our Future Best Friends!

5 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I can't believe how cute all of these turned out. I love all of them. What a fun and yummy afternoon.

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is so cool! I LOVE the cake and the hats and the white rabbit (: and especially the swing pictures!!

Bryce & Nicole said...

You and your friends are too cute. Looks like this was a lot of fun! Now I want to see pictures from Hawaii, so I can be a little jalous today- missing the beach so much!

Melly Mel said...

so glad you blogged about it. thanks so much for coming and making that amazing salad and helping with the cake and for the strawberries.
love you!!!

KB said...

That party looks like so much fun!!