Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mitchy's Birthday: Part Two

On Mitchy's birthday we did our traditional "I Love Bagels" date. We meet there most saturdays after Mitch's finishes his morning surf session and we love this tradition! The kiddos look forward to it every saturday, and so it has turned into Mitchy's birthday breakfast too.
Micah was feeling a little sick so he kind of sat there in a trance while Jade and her daddy played like crazy!









(I edited this card in photoshop because what I wrote was just a secret between me and him)
(you'll understand what this card is if you read the paragraph below)


Then, when we came home Micah and I set up a game for Mitchy for his birthday. Micah's favorite game is when I hide dinosaurs around the house and he has to find them playing "hot & cold". So, I wrote one thing that I absolutely love about Mitchy on 29 different index cards, because he is 29. Then Micah and I hid them around the house and Mitchy had to go around and find them, while Micah told him if he was hot or cold. It was a fun game and I got to tell Mitchy over and over again how much I love and adore him.






The birthday boy and his babies



Later that night Mitch and I went out on a date for sushi, his favorite, and a movie...and when we came home we ate cupcakes that I made for him while he was surfing for his second saturday session.
Mitchy got to do the blow torch because it was his birthday and he loves all things fiery and dangerous!
See what I mean???
We were both obsessed with them...they were sooo delicious and fun! And the recipe is on my recipe blog if you want to make the best cupcakes ever! (Well, they are tied with the chocolate truffle cupcakes!)


Mitch wanted to see if he could do a whole cupcake in one bite...why is that something you need to know???

No comments: