Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pretend City

This Saturday, we took the kiddos to the Children's Museum called "The Pretend City" in Irvine. They were in heaven. They loved that everything was their size. Micah, who lives for maps was thrilled when he got to check out all that this museum had to offer!

Little Jade just wanted to take off and never look back!

They loved picking the fruit in the orchard. Micah was more into the Strawberries and Jade liked the apples. It was great for me because they got to "pick fruit" but they were still clean when they were finished!

Probably their favorite spot was the Marina. They loved playing in the water, catching the "fish" and the the sail boats, and shooting the water gun.

Jade was really excited about the water because she was thirsty. We could not get her to stop trying to stick her fingers in and suck the water off...and I think she liked what she tasted because...I caught her "playing" with the sail boat by using it as a cup!
Seriously, Jade???
She is so quick and sneaky...and kind of disgusting! At least the water looked really clean, right?





My little fire fighters! Ever since Micah played on this fire engine, he has been asking for fireman stories every night before bed.


Jadey Bug balancing on the Lady Bug!


They got to go grocery shopping and of course the first purchase was juice! They are obsessed! That is all I hear all day, kids begging for juice!

Every phone Jade saw she would run over and pick it up and say, "Hello!"

Starting them off early in a baby BMW.

Jade working the GPS like a champ! She even loves pretend buttons!

It was a really fun day, my camera ran out of batteries so I didn't get pictures of the other places, but Micah loved the construction area where he got to screw in the screws and the tractor that he could pedal all through the streets. And it was really cute to see him dressed as a doctor, checking Mitch's blood pressure and listening to his heart beat. And finally, Micah loved the restaurant where he got to be our chef and server, and Jade loved "pretending" to eat. (She also loved the cars too!)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That picture of Jade drinking from the boat is priceless! What a funny girl!

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

Are you kidding me with those boots!? Where did you get them? I have to get Bella a pair!

Ash and Christian said...

I'm so sad you guys didn't wait for us! Would you go again with me?

It looks like a blast. Was it worth the admission price?

Melly Mel said...

that is adorable! is this at the discovery center off the 5? i am trying to figure it out.
I love these pictures. they are so creative already!

Mitchell.Lindsay.Micah said...

Ash...I'll go anywhere with you!!!

Deb...I know I am obsessed with those boots on her! I actually bought them before I even knew she existed, I can't remember if I was pregnant or not, but I didn't know it was a girl. Anyway, I saw them at "Janie and Jack's" on sale and I had to have them!!!

Kjerstin said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is little JAde's outfit! I love it! The boots and the headband, and the leopard cardi!? It's ridiculously adorable!