Monday, November 9, 2009

Raspberries Anyone?

Please look on our counter and see what the kiddos have been up to. We have been a little out of control this past week. (Will you please die with me over Jade's face right now? She has the funniest little personality!)


So I went to Costco to pick up a prescription for my mom, and this ended up in my cart. I guess you could say we have been craving really good fresh fruit lately. What you don't see on the table is the big carton blackberries and two raspberry cartons that Jade and Micah polished off while we were in line waiting for the prescription! This is no exaggeration!

What you also do not see is the other box of pomegranate arils and two other crates of raspberries that we finished off from my costco trip two days before. By the time I post this, we have consumed 18 little cartons of raspberries, 4 little cartons of pomegranate arils, 5 pears and 7 apples...in LESS THAN A WEEK! Not to mention some grapes from the week before. The other day Mitch came home from work and asked, "What's for dinner?"...my response was..."fruit"! And I get no complaints from anyone!

Jade LOVES to show everyone what is in her mouth every moment of the day...Mitch????

This is their favorite way to eat raspberries! Micah tries to do it with all 10 fingers, and then Jade of course shadows his every move!



So, we are all out of raspberries and when Micah sat down for breakfast this morning, he asked..."so, where are the raspberries?" And then said, "you really should go to costco right now and get some!" And then he followed up after preschool..."did you pick up those Raspberries mom?"

1 comment:

Melly Mel said...

those pears were to die for.
thanks for sharing them :)