Friday, November 6, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

It was a "Beautiful Day"!
We went to the U2 concert in Las Vegas a few weekends ago. It was kind of one of those things on my Bucket List. I am completely in love with Bono and U2. I love their music and his voice, but I also really love the philanthropist in him. He is just really inspiring, a true artist and he also seems like he genuinely cares for the entire human race. And I love how "important" his songs are, not just about a broken relationship, but bringing awareness and heart to different things going on in the world. Maybe I am looking through rose-colored glasses, but I don't think so. Anyway, enough about that...
I feel so blessed to have a husband, who is always trying to make my dreams come true. I know I'm lucky, but I am also so grateful.
(Is that too personal? I tried not to get too personal, but that is how I feel.)

We left our kids with my sweet Aunt Leane, who lives in Vegas, for the whole weekend. And just played like we were in college again! We went with our great friends Ashley and Christian. Christian loves U2 as much as me. And it was his birthday surprise so that was fun!

The Black Eyed Peas opened for them, which was an exciting treat for all of us. Especially Mitch, he has always loved the Black-Eyed Peas, even before Fergie. He has seen them in concert a few times and loves their energy. So, we were all a little bummed when we hit the craziest traffic getting from the freeway to the stadium. We were basically just sitting in our car waiting to inch forward, with our windows down listening to the BEP's! Finally we parked and made it into the stadium in time to watch the three songs I most wanted to see. "Where is the Love?", "Boom, Boom, Pow" and "Tonight's gonna be a Good Night"!!! They were so energetic, just jumping around the stage and putting everything in to every song! Loved it!!!! I wish we were there for the whole thing!
Here we are just waiting for U2 to come on.


Ash and Christian. They are such a fun couple, we LOVE playing with them.

This was the crazy 360 stage!

Okay, so these three pictures are here to illustrate how crazy my husband is...he can hardly take a "normal" picture himself, but he even has to act crazy in other people's pictures! He thinks pictures are weird, just sitting there and smiling, and so this is what he does! I have no control!


Seriously, Mitchy!!!! Seriously!

(I do have to admit, I kind of love that about him, only because it is sooo Mitchy! He makes me laugh.)


And there he is, on the big screen, singing his heart out and his voice raw!
It was an incredible experience to be there in person, however, next time I will definitely pay money to be a little closer, because we were way too far and at a weird angle. So, we were watching the screen pretty much the whole time. On Sunday night he played at the Rose Bowl in CA, and they streamed the entire concert live on YouTube. Of course we watched it, and it actually made me love the concert we went to even more because you could then see their interaction and facial expressions and remember those moments at our concert! I feel like I got to experience the whole package, I got to feel the energy of the stadium and then a few days later, watch it close up.


See what I mean about Mitchy...this is the only picture we took at out Hotel, we stayed at the Trump Hotel. I am definitely not a fan of Mr. Trump, but I am a fan of his Hotel. It was so beautiful and elegant. The rooms were so nice and modern, and the bath tub was the size of a hot tub, jets and all!

Ash and I had so much fun together, we can go anywhere and do anything and I always have a blast! She is so fun!


We went to an incredibly nice restaurant at the Bellagio the next night at Prime, for Christian's birthday. We got the best seat in the house, over looking the water show. For the bread, they brought homemade pretzels rolls...what? If anyone knows me, you know that home made pretzels might very well be my favorite food on the planet. So, obviously, those were my favorite part of the meal...plus it was a steak house, so not many options for me, but I would go again, if only for those pretzels!
Ash...??? I didn't see anything!


And then we went to see the Cirque Du Soleil Beatles LOVE show! I have been aching to see this show since I heard it was even in the works! And we loved it! Our seats were amazing and the theatre was so small, we were right there! It was a magical show and the music...love my Beatles!
We all loved the show, it was one of the big highlights of the weekend! We were all mesmerized!

The dancing was beautiful and the acrobatics were breathe-taking!




This is our only shot inside the theatre...Mitch was distracted because as we were taking this picture, we got in trouble...from the photographer in the theatre..."No pictures at all allowed in the theatre" as she holds her huge camera, "well, except for me" she says.
If you look at our chairs, you'll notice that there were speakers in everyones head rest and so the sound was crystal clear and the perfect volume.

In front of the Bellagio

We saw Serendipity and even though I had been there in NY less than a week earlier, we still decided to go in for a Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. Ashley has actually never been there, even in all her travels to New York! So, we had no choice in the matter...we were going because I knew she would love it...and she did!
We all did! Here is Mitch making fun of me for wanting a Serendipity picture! When is he gonna learn that that won't discourage me from taking a million pictures?
We had such a fun trip...loved every second of it! Thanks again Ash and Christian, let's do it again!
And Micah and Jade had a blast with their Aunt Leane and can't wait to have another sleepover party with her!

4 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

This post made me so happy to re-live is all over again (and through your eyes.) I definitely think we've found a great traveling couple.

So fun... Love Bono, LOVE the LOVE show, Love the Frrozen Hot Chocolate. LOVE you guys.

Kristin said...

SHUT UP. I was already all "aww, U2...how fun.." and then you threw LOVE in there? We have been dying to see that forever. Best weekend you guys had! Also, I thought that comment about Mitch was so sweet and not too personal at all. :) Also, ever since I saw Aimee's NY pictures I've been wanting to tell you the bangs are stunner. Drop dead gorgeous as always.

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

You two are still as cute as ever!

Melly Mel said...

mitch's face in most of these is so typical. love your red lipstick and this trip looked like the best! what a great date.