Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Unhappy Ending...

(And in the end, this is how I felt on the inside!)

We went to Utah for Thanksgiving this year and we went for the whole week. We made so many fun memories, we went on the Polar Express train, we went to Temple Square to watch the "lighting ceremony", we had Thanksgiving, we played on the swings, we went snow tubing, and Jade got to see the snow for the first time. I took so many pictures that my card actually was full on the last day! I have never done that before.

Unfortunately, a few hours before we left to drive back home, our car got broken into. The guy smashed our window, stole my purse (that had a million important and not so important but fun things inside), my phone, camera, shoes and all my make-up. Our car alarm went off and a totally disoriented Mitch chased him down the street at 2am in his bare feet and "pajamas", but had to stop for obvious reasons- plus, it was like 20 degrees out maybe- but in his defense, the thief had quite a head start. So, we drove all the way home with cardboard and duct tape on my window. It was kind of a disaster. But one of the things I am most upset about is all those memories captured on film that we will never have. So, hoping my sisters have some pictures to go along with those memories!!! So sad!

12 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard. I'm so sorry friend. Hope to see you soon (even without make-up). But really, I'm so sorry.

McGraths said...

That is SO sad. It is probably my worst nightmare actually--having all of my pictures erased, destroyed, or stolen. I am so sorry.

Melissa White said...

What a Bummer!!! So sorry :(

Elise said...

Linds! Ugh that makes me sick reading that. I am so sad!! I thought Mitch for sure would have got him so he must have been REALLY far ahead. SO sad!!!!! Well, that little coolpix camera needed a fixin right? Now you can just buy another one!

love you guys & so happy we got to see you for a little!

Kristen said...

Oh no! That sucks so bad! Sorry Lindsay!

lacyboo said...

oh no! i would have most definately cried! im sorry that happened. well at least you had fun other than that:)

Brittany Simmons said...

oh my gosh, really? you guys sometimes have the worst luck on vacations! i can just imagine mitch running down the street after that guy...nice effort though! We too did that polar express ride (heber creeper), pretty fun! and we heard the temple lights are so pretty this year!

Tiff Rueckert said...

I KNEW you should have just stayed with us one more night!!! I can't believe this! I'm so sorry...on the flipside...we loved having you guys!

CheyAnn said...

I know exactly how you feel! It's the worst feeling. So sorry that happened.

Terry and Kelci said...

That sucks! I know how that feels! Not cool. Why do people have to do stuff like that? Sorry that happened to you. Too bad Mitch didn't catch the thief and beat him down.

Tanner Family said...

Oh no I am so sorry, thats awful! I bet it was a cold ride home, seriously stinks.

Kjerstin said...

Linds, ugh! That makes me feel so sick inside for you. I hope your sisters do have some pics for you. This reminds me of the Hawaii trip incident, so sad.