Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thailand & Cambodia: Day 11

KRABI, THAILAND

We took an all day boat tour to a bunch of tiny little islands. We went on a speed boat and hopped from island to island. They were probably the most beautiful islands and beaches and water I have ever seen in my life! The photos don't even do it justice! The water was a color that I never really believed could be natural. It was stunning! We played in the water and snorkeled at a couple different locations and and drank fruit shakes all day! The whole day was a gift.

This cool cave is where they harvest bird nests for bird nest soup, a rare delicacy made up of the bird's saliva nest. And it is crazy expensive too...no thanks, but the cave is beautiful.


I think this island was called Phi Phi Don, either that or Phi Phi Lei. It was a really charming sleepy beach town. We ate lunch here, walked around and shopped a little. This little island lost 5,000 people in the Tsunami...so devastating.

This is us on Bamboo Island, it of course got it's name because of all the bamboo that used to be there, the Tsunami tore out all the bamboo here. It was still gorgeous though. We just relaxed and played in the water, it was heaven. By the way, the boat did some crazy things to my hair, it was a knotted mess, so it is pulled back and my bangs are all crazy, I know! But we didn't get the camera out after we went in the water and it settled down. Oh well, I guess we can all agree that I would not be an attractive boy with my Zach Morris wave.


I've seen posters like this but never really thought this place existed...it does!

I love his little smile in this shot!

Couldn't you just stare at this all day long...we did, and I could again, every day, for the rest of my life!



This majestic place is the actual beach where Leonardo DiCaprio's "The Beach" was filmed. It was playing on TV about a week or two before we left so we watched and felt like we were on a crazy acid trip that whole time...that is one bazaar movie, but the beach was incredible so it was fun to go there and see how amazing it really is in person.
This is us on "the beach".




This was one of the places that we snorkeled.


I can't believe I am married to him!



There Mitchy is in the water at "the beach".

Check out this water, I've never seen water like this. So clear, it either looked like this above or like this below, a brilliant teal color.

We stopped off at Monkey Island and met a few friends.

Views from the boat



1 comment:

Kimberly Muai said...

im so glad you kids liked the islands as much as we did. The water and cliffs are really amazing!

ps. my publish word is "buniturs" i just thought you should know.