Monday, February 1, 2010

A Day in the Newport Harbor

We packed a picnic and drove up to Newport, rented a Duffy boat and sailed off into the sunshine.


(Short pause for laughter) And resume...So, this was cracking us all up! Jade and here life jacket seemed to be wrestling each other the whole beginning of the trip until Mitch, being the rebel that he is, removed it. Look at that poor face, I think the life jacket was winning!

She's still fighting!

Our trusty Captain and his First Mate.

Those pouty lips

The Beautiful Couple, Britt & Ry!

Gig saw Todd and Kait cuddleing and said that "she needed to get in on that action!"

Me and my other half!


I mean, come on!



I'm sorry, I just couldn't get enough of Jade in that life jacket...I still can't!


We basically played twenty questions with Todd, he kept us entertained the whole trip. This was so fun, the most time we've been able to spend with Todd in years!

The Navigator

Me and my little Mermaid!
She lives to buckle things, so this kept her entertained for a bit!

P.S. We missed you more than you know Kikob!!! (aka Kiki and Jacob)

Love this shot of Jade with her Aimee, they look so happy...it makes me happy!


My little bug!

We got off of the boat and went straight for the Ferris Wheel! The kids were so excited! There is something so nostalgic and magical about an old Ferris Wheel!
Jade loved it, she was so intrigued... she kept saying, "high, high?"


Kait and Micah loved every second of their ride!

Aimee, my adorable sister who is scared of heights was lucky to not ride with Mitch who insisted on rocking and swinging our car back and forth THE WHOLE TIME!


As soon as Micah saw this flying trampoline contraption, his eyes lit up and I knew that he just had to try it!!!! He's been trying to figure out how to fly through the air like Spiderman for the past two years!!!! It was his time!





Trying to get his bearings!


He looks so cute with this little halter belt thing on...but then again, when doesn't he look cute?


I could not descriminate between these photos, so I had to just add all of them!!! What the freak is going on in this car??? We were driving home and we were both in the craziest moods and I happen to have the camera in my hand to capture what went down!!!! Just a glimpse into our everyday!!! (Why does he crack me up so much!!! I think my giggling fuels the fire!)

(Can you please blow this one up and check out Micah in the background...he's thinking..."oh man, will this ever end, why do I have the strangest parents EVER?")

Sidenote: Should I feel bad for these two sweet children who have the craziest parents (dad) ever??? Nah!

Seriously???? There are just no words!

5 comments:

Kjerstin said...

OMG I am dying laughing at all of your commentary notes and these pics! So funny! That life jacket on cute lil Jade-cracking me up! & all of the car ride pics..I am just imaging this to be a preview of Hawaii...hopefully b/c I love it! :)

B Devine said...

The life vest was hilarious.

Danielle said...

I love all your pics and comments and I had a real good laugh when I saw Mitch's face he is sooo funny when you take pics of him! He should go to Hollywood, he would be chosen for many movies I'm sure!!! I see on your visitors' map the dot where I am from, Aix en Provence, France, amazing!

Brittany Simmons said...

My family and I do that same boat ride every time they are in town- my Dad loves it, and so do the kids.

Melly Mel said...

BEST BLOG>I love you